About St. Amelia’s Cub Scout Pack 529
Cub Scouting is a year-round family program designed for boys in the 1st through 5th grades, or 7 to 10 years of age. The program emphasizes shared leadership, learning about the community, family understanding, character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
- – Our website, phone number: www.kentonpack529.com, 716-226-8725
- – Our facebook page: www.facebook.com/Pack529
- – Our Cubmaster: Ashley Cadenhead. Ashley’s job is to make sure that the overall program for the pack is complete and successful. email@example.com
- – Our Committee Chair: Tom Johnson. Tom’s job is to make sure that the Unit is healthy and functioning well, both financially and organizationally.
- – Our Den Leaders: Depends on the Dens. Den leaders ensure that the boys are making progress towards their goals, and provide hands-on leadership to the boys.
What do I need to know about Pack 529?
- – We are sponsored by our charter organization, St. Amelia RC Church, in Tonawanda, NY 14150.
- – We meet every Wednesday during the school year from 6:30 – 7:45 in the Parish Center’s gymnasium.
- – We have one organized Pack activity (such as camping, hiking, or Sky Zone) every month, including the summer months.
- – Our parents and leaders meet once a month to plan for upcoming activities.
- – We communicate through email, our website, and our facebook page. Sign up on our email list at our website. In addition, we announce upcoming activities at our Pack Meetings.
- – We only do one fundraiser per year – popcorn. This allows the boys to sell enough to pay for all of their own activities, without you having to provide additional cash during the year. Boys who sell more than the minimum can use this to buy other scout-related stuff, or pay for other activities such as summer camp.
- – You can learn about our pack activities from our website and/or facebook page – we are very active and like to see the boys having fun.
- – We need help, as this is a volunteer-driven organization. Ask what you can do, we always need an extra set of hands.
What does my son need to know about Pack 529?
- – We like to see him in uniform every week, typically his Class A shirt with neckerchief and slide. Scout pants, socks, hats, etc… are not necessary.
- – He will spend time with a Den, a group of boys in his own grade. He will never be “held back” for not completing badge requirements, but will stay with his friends.
- – We like company! Your son can bring his friends to scouting, and even gets a badge for recruiting new scouts.
- – He expect that there will be some work when he learns new things, but we hope that the process will be fun for him and for you.
- – We go to summer camp in the summer as a Pack – this is a lot of fun, with some camping activities, along with Nature exploration, swimming, fishing, BB guns, Bows & Arrows, boating, and more!
Is there anything else?
- – If you want to make sure that your son has a great experience, become a leader in our Pack! We fund any training that you might need, and you’ll create some wonderful memories with your son.
- – We suggest that all parents take the online Youth Protection Class http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx. This is necessary for adults at outings, and will need to be completed when you go to Summer Camp.
- – You’ll probably end up going to the Scout Shop at some time. It’s located at 2860 Genesee Street, Buffalo, NY 14225, phone (716) 891-1689. http://www.wnyscouting.org/scout-shop/47570